Friday 29 May 2009

The Deptford Mounties

Returning from work via Deptford station last Wednesday evening I was startled by the unexpected sound of hooves on tarmac. Took a glance behind me and sure enough there were two mounted police slowly proceeding down the High Street... eventually taking up position outside the Deptford Arms, on Reginald Road. Seemed a bit odd really and I don't recall any mounted police in the area before. Granted it was the night of the Champions League final but surely the two events weren't connected - I'm pretty sure there aren't that many Man U, and even fewer Barca fans, in SE8! Or perhaps they were just following up that notorious Daily Mail slight on Deptford...

1 comment:

CarolineLD said...

They wander past my flat from time to time, but seem to be out in force at the moment. No idea why they're needed in Margaret McMillan Park on a sunny afternoon...